Friday, December 2, 2011

Let's try this again!

To make a long story short...I have had no time to work on my cards, much less this blog since I started it.  I recently got fired from my crappy job (details to be discussed later, maybe) that I had been at for 2 years.  With this job, I worked EVERY Saturday, worked till 7pm every night but Wednesdays, and a couple Sundays per month (all unless I asked off).  With a schedule like that, there was NO time for creativity and when there was time for it, I was so exhausted that I had none.  So, this firing is kind of a blessing in disguise because I can now work on my cards and crafts and get them selling!  This is a revelation that took all of one day to get to...I have time!! Something I haven't had in a while.  I have spent the last couple days getting some cards and other crafty things ready so I have some things to post on here.  So, without further ado...

This little beauty is a little book that I altered so I could insert little thumbnail pics of all of my card designs and write down all of the materials used so I can easily recreate the same thing if more than one person is interested.  I also have highlighted the items that are unknown so I can alert prospective buyers if an item used may not be available.  This is just my little organizational tool to hopefully help my business along!



I love this litte gem with the white embossing powder on the dark navy paper and the subtle background gives the whole card a little more interest.  With the wording, I had to use word because I couldn't find a stamp set on hand with a sentiment that would match the whimsical snowman.  The strips of glitter and the crystal rhinestones are a couple finishing touches that the card needed!


On this card, I started with an acetate base stamped with a french script background stamp, added the red base with the embossed Christmas tree.  I added several brads to the tree to give it a little pop.  The red base is backed with a shimmery light gold paper behind the acetate to give some more dimension and so more of the script can show through. 

I do have several other cards, but I think I'll space them out just in case I have too much stuff to do one day and can't make anything and also because if I put all of the cards I've made in the past few days, you'll all get bored with me really quickly! 

I hope this turns out to be everything I want it to be!

Supplies:

Materials book: $1 notebook from Michaels; (paper) 29th Street Market, Canson, Recollections; (stamps) Stampin Up; (ink) Tim Holtz Distress; (dies) Stampin Up, Papertray Ink; (misc) Offray ribbon, Glossy Accents, Scoretape

Snowman Card: (paper) Recollections; (stamps) Stampin Up, Inkadinkadoo; (ink) TH Distress, Versamark; (die) Nestabilities; (font) Georgia, Chopin Script; (misc) Ranger embossing powder, prismaglitter, Scoretape, clear rhinestones, popdots

Tree Card: (paper) Papertray Ink, Bazzill, Worldwin Petallics, Colorbok; (stamps) Stampin Up; (ink) TH Distress, Staz-On; (misc) Spare Parts brads, Sizzix embossing folder, popdots, Scoretape



No comments:

Post a Comment